Do you need to get insurance for your watercraft? You’d do well to learn about the different types of insurance policies that are available for boats and other watercraft. An expert from Front Range Insurance Services of the Littleton CO area will help you figure out what you need and make some decisions.
Choosing the Right Coverage for Your Needs
There are several boat/watercraft insurance types from which you can choose. You may want to go beyond the basics for something that’s a bit more extensive in terms of what it covers.
- Watercraft liability coverage – This provides you with protection when it comes to medical costs, replacement or repair costs, a loss of income, and expenses towards a funeral if there’s a serious accident.
- Property coverage – If your boat is docked and becomes damaged after someone hits it, or you are involved in an accident with a boat or something else on the water, this covers the cost of damages.
- Emergency services coverage – This repays up to $100 in the event you need towing, delivery (of a battery, oil, or fuel), or any mechanical labor services.
- Uninsured watercraft coverage – This allows you to pay for any insurance that you or someone else on your boat receive after you’re in an accident with a boater who doesn’t have insurance.
- Watercraft medical payments coverage – When you have this coverage, it pays a portion of medical costs and funeral expenses if someone has an accident and is injured on your boat.
There are other categories of boat/watercraft insurance that you can get. Reach out to Front Range Insurance Services of the greater Littleton, CO area so you can learn more today.